25 Oct 2012

A 2-year-old boy from Brazil astonished his parents and family by sitting up and asking for water during his own funeral. His parents are now suing the hospital that declared their son dead, claiming that he could have been saved if not for medical malpractice.

Kelvin Santos was being treated for pneumonia at a local hospital in Brazil when he stopped breathing. Doctors declared the boy dead and sent his body home with his parents, so they could hold services. Kelvin’s body was put in an open coffin in the middle of the family home.

The next day, Kelvin reportedly sat up and asked, “Daddy, can I have some water?” which amazed all those in the home. This was only one hour before the funeral was to take place.


“Everybody started to scream,” his father, Antonio Santos, told the Daily Mail. “We couldn’t believe our eyes. Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life.”

Unfortunately, the family’s “miracle” did not last very long, Santos explained.

“Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was. We couldn’t wake him. He was dead again,” he said.

Antonio immediately took his boy back to the hospital where he was again pronounced dead.

“They assured me that he really was dead and gave me no explanation for what we had just seen and heard,” said the father.

Kelvin’s body was taken back to the home and, after waiting for some time to see if he would awake, he was laid to rest. Antonio believes that Kelvin could have been saved had the hospital done more when he brought the boy back.

“Fifteen minutes after rushing him away for resuscitation, they came and told me he was dead and handed me his body. Perhaps they didn’t examine him properly. Dead people don’t just wake up and talk. I’m determined to find out the truth,” said Santos.




Tagged:

1 comment:

  1. First of all I want to say wonderful blog!
    I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you don't
    mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear
    your thoughts before writing. I have had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out
    there. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15
    minutes are usually wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any suggestions or tips? Cheers!
    My web site ... must

    ReplyDelete