31 Oct 2012

Mrs Florence Ajimobi, wife of Oyo State governor, on Wednesday returned to the country, dousing speculations about her arrest by the London Metropolitan Police over  alleged money laundering.

The  Oyo State first lady arrived at the International Wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, at 6.45 a.m. aboard a Virgin Atlantic Airline.

She was received at the airport by her personal aides and security men.
Ajimobi told newsmen:“ I am here live as you can see, I have never had any encounter with the London Metropolitan Police and I know I will never have.

“This has shown the true test of any human being’s ability to stand firm in times of crisis and controversy.

“My arrest is just a rumour and I think the time has come for us in Nigeria to stop playing dirty politics”.

A Lagos evening newspaper had on Tuesday reported that Gov. Ajimobi’s wife was arrested by Metropolitan Police for allegedly being in possession of 400,000 pounds (N100 million).



The governor addressed newsmen late on Tuesday in Ibadan to debunk the rumour and announced that a N1 billion suit had been slammed on the newspaper.

On her arrival, the Oyo State first lady attributed the report to the handiwork of those she called mischief makers.

“It is an attempt to tarnish my reputation which I have kept in my over 30 years of marriage. It is the price I have to pay as the wife of a politician.

“It is laughable; I only travelled last Sunday to London to accompany my child, who returned to a secondary school there.

“I stand on the solid rock of Jesus Christ and all other grounds are sinking sand. This is a passing phase and it will pass over.

“I went on an official visit to Taiwan with my husband and we did not go to London from Lagos as reported. We went to Dubai, Honk Kong, Taipei, Dubai and back to Lagos,’’Ajimobi said.

She, however, advised journalists to always cross-check information at their disposal before publishing.

“The media should be very objective in giving out information to the public so as not to mislead the people.’’ (NAN)


Click Here to like our facebook page for current news and Entertainment




Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment