20 Oct 2012

Tottenham defender Kyle Walker has deleted his Twitter account after receiving abuse on the micro-blogging website about his performance in Saturday’s 4-2 defeat to Chelsea.

The 22-year-old was named the Professional Footballers’ Association Young Player of the Season last term, but has not been as consistent this year.
On Saturday the right-back dithered in injury time, allowing Juan Mata to steal the ball and play in Daniel Sturridge for Chelsea’s final goal – although Walker claimed the Spaniard fouled him.

  

The England defender often looked vulnerable against Mata, and his cohorts Oscar and Eden Hazard, and was criticised by fans at the stadium and on Twitter as a result.

After the game he posted two angry tweets before deleting his account @kyle28walker, which had over a quarter of a million followers.

They read: ‘Would love to know what I’m doing so different I give 100 per cent every game and still u (have) something to say I’m 22 and learning #embarrassing.

‘If I said what I thought to these people I would get done humans make mistakes it was 90mins and I though(t it was) a foul end off (sic)!!!!’

  
Source: UK Mail




Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment