6 Nov 2012

Super Eagles boss, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi has made further clarifications over reports in the media, quoting him as saying that West Brom striker, Peter Osaze Odemwengie, has said he will not play again for the national team.

Keshi said Monday at the Bolton White Apartment camp of the national team, that his thoughts may have been misinterpreted, as the light skinned striker merely told him, he was frustrated at the manner he had been treated in the past and fears a repeat, which he assured him will not arise.

“What he told me was that after fighting so hard to qualify Nigeria for the South Africa 2010 World Cup, he was dumped on the bench when the tournament proper started and that he fears a repeat following the manner he was substituted in the qualifier against Rwanda in Kigali, which was under me.

Well, I told him that if I had my way all the players who featured in that match should have been substituted but I had only three substitutions to make because we played poorly in the encounter.





Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment