3 Nov 2012

Zeenat Bi, Indian pensioner is challenging the current Guinness World record holder, Lowell Deforest Mason, 74- to stake claim as the world’s oldest dwarf at 113-years-old.

Although a government pension records states she is 101, Bi who stands proud at three feet tall insists she is twelve years older.

“I am so old that I have seen this city grow up with me. I remember during the British times, this entire city was almost a jungle. There were trees as far as the eye could see. I even remember when the British introduced English bread in the city for the first time. It was such a sensation; it was nothing like people had eaten before,” she said.

Zeenat is still single with no children and has outlived all of her family.

Despite suffering from cataracts and a calcium deficiency, Zeenat manages to survive on her only source of income, a government pension of rupees 275 per month (£3.19).

She said: “I have been living alone for almost 50 years now. I never married and never had kids.


“All I have got is a small bed that was gifted to me by the former Chief Minister of the state, Uma Bharti. She used to send me Rupees 2500 (£30) every month. But no one remembers me now.”

Her guardian, Abrar Muhammad Khan, said: “No one in the Government even cares for her. All people use her for is exhibition purposes, but no one really cares for her.”

Bi has been living rent-free with Khan and his family for 20 years.

Apart from wanting to be a world record holder, Bi’s wish list of things she wants to do before she dies – includes meeting Bollywood star Salman Khan and taking part in the annual Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca.






Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment